How to maintain a timeless and healthy skin in your 40s? Know the words of experts here.
Aging Skin – A woman is always ready for some skincare tips. Especially when you reach an age where skin is more prone to aging, you always look for ways to postpone it and reverse the signs of aging. Aging of skin is as natural as breathing and no matter how many products you try, skin aging can not be stopped. Once a woman attains the age of 30, her google search history starts including how to prevent aging of the skin searches. Every woman ages differently and a lot of her aging depends on many factors of lifestyle, and it is crystal clear that if you want to maintain a timeless beauty you need to work on it from a younger age.
Before knowing how to stop aging of skin, you need to understand what are the reasons for skin aging-
What causes the Aging of skin?
The aging of skin is caused by many factors, and if you understand each of them, it will be easier for you to avoid them and have a timeless beauty. Some of the major reasons for skin aging are-
- Collagen breakdown- Collagen is the mid-layer of your skin that carries 75% of the weightage of your dry skin. The quality of your skins highly depends on the quality of your collagen. So, it is very important to maintain a healthy collagen level to have younger-looking skin for a longer time.
- Sun Exposure- Sun exposure is responsible for 90% of premature aging. The sun contains UVA and UVB rays that produce free radicals in your skin. These free radicals damage the collagen layer and skin cells resulting in unhealthier skin. Sun exposure does not show the result instantly, but a very little time in the sun every day can cause major damage to the skin. This type of aging is called photoaging and shows its results over a period of years.
- Skin Inflammation- Skin inflammation is an immune response of the body over skin infection and allergies. When the skin comes in contact with foreign invaders, inflammation prevents the cells from getting damaged and heals them. While it is important for skin to fight bacterial and viral infection for a short period of time, it can cause serious damage to the skin, resulting in aging of the skin.
- Oxidation- Oxidation happens when the skin comes in contact with free radicals that are present in the environment. These free radicals are highly reactive, and damage skin cells in all layers. This damage of cells results in skin aging.
How to avoid aging of skin?
Skin aging can be avoided with some lifestyle changes. Experts say, following a better lifestyle can make you look almost 5 years younger than your age. Here is what experts advise to have younger-looking skin even in your 40s
- Maintain your diet- What you eat reflects on your skin. It is very important to maintain a healthy diet that includes all the crucial components that healthy skin needs. Include Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K-rich foods in your diet. Also, eat food items that are highly rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants help you neutralize the free radicals that promote oxidation. Also, Vitamin C helps your skin to produce new collagen that gives a youthful skin.
- Hydrate- Hydration is very important for skin health. It helps you to maintain moisture and ensures the nutrients are being circulated to your skin. A dehydrated skin instantly looks dull and dry promoting skin aging.
- Get Enough Sleep- Getting enough sleep is also an important part of a skincare regime. When you sleep, your body repairs itself from the damage caused throughout the day. When you are asleep, your body releases hormones that encourage cell renewal and repair.
- Protect your skin from UV- As mentioned above, UV rays can cause photoaging. Along with that, UltraViolet rays can also promote skin cancer, so save yourself as much as you can from those harmful UV rays.
- Avoid Repetitive Expressions- While it is impossible to avoid expressing yourself, repetitive expressions for years can cause wrinkles. When you have Facial expressions, the underlying muscle gets contracted Giving repetitive expressions contract to the same muscles producing permanent lines on the skin called wrinkles.
- Use natural skincare products- When the market is overloaded with skincare products, it becomes difficult to choose from. But, always go for the products that are made up of natural ingredients. Natural ingredients will give you benefits without the side effects of those harmful chemicals.
Vedas Cure is one such brand that has a wide range of skincare products. Their anti-aging cream has all-natural ingredients. This cream comes with zero side effects and is suitable for all skin types.